Chronic Pain–Loss & Gain
Suffering is a good teacher. Many might say that the negative lessons learned could be taught in a more pleasing manner; but I am here to tell you that even through suffering, you can learn positive messages that are life changing. Fibromyalgia was my teacher.
Because of fibromyalgia, I experienced the loss of:
- A pain-free, healthy lifestyle – I could barely put one foot in front of the other. How could I look after my home, my beloved dogs or myself?
- My livelihood – How could I teach when I couldn’t even remember the names of my students; let alone where I had put my books, grades and lesson plans?
- Self-esteem – How could I feel good about myself, when I was labeled a malingerer, a drain on the economy? Who wants to say, “I don’t work; I’m on disability?”
However, because of fibromyalgia, I gained:
- Gratitude for my life.
- Awareness that I truly wanted to live.
- Determination and commitment to find help for the painful, invisible, chronic condition that was stealing my life. Giving up was not an option.
When I was able, I scoured the Internet searching for a cure. Surely there had to be something or someone, somewhere who could help me. I tried everything I could find. Eagerly, I embraced whoever and whatever I could locate to help me with: pain management, sleep deprivation, depression…
- I had prescriptions for pain, sleeplessness, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, depression, TMJ… you name it.
- I consulted general practitioners, rheumatologists, orthopedic and neurosurgeons…
- There was poking and prodding, x-rays, scans…
- I tried acupuncture, acupressure, reiki, tai chi, physiotherapy, massage, body talk, healing touch, tapping, chiropractors, water therapy, herbs, nutritional supplements, diets, support groups, self hypnosis…
- I tried everything I could find; still the pain increased, as did the sleep deprivation, brain fog, irritable bowel syndrome…
- Desperate and scared to death, I prayed for a miracle.
My prayers were answered. Out of the blue, my Uncle Bill phoned to tell me about the unique energy work he was certain could help me. It has been nearly fourteen years since I met Joy of Healing founders, Andrew and Tamara Overlee. Thanks to them, I have my life back. Thanks to them, I am pain AND prescription free. Thanks to them, at long last, I am well! And not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well.
Because of Joy of Healing, I gained:
- Awareness of the issues in my life that contributed to my illness and the ability to resolve them.
- Wellness beyond my wildest dreams.
- The burning desire and commitment to help others, by sharing my story.
No matter what your problems are, there IS an answer! The answer may not be what we expect, but there is help to make each of our lives better. Be aware and trust your intuition to guide you to the help you need. Giving up is not an option!